After two long years of rigorous R&D and raving reviews since release, the NEW Cody Townsend Pro Series backcountry sock has landed! Cody and the Le Bent team of foot nerds went to town on the new, elevated aesthetic of the ‘Le Send’ sock to create a design that speaks to the sculpted peaks and shadowed shutes that will inspire the adventurous and creative brains of any backcountry dweller. Notably one of the highest regarded big mountain free skiers of this generation. Cody Townsend has a long list of accolades under his belt including the epic tick list he’s gone after as showcased in his series ‘The Fifty Project’ – where he decided to not only ski down fifty of the best big mountain lines in North America, but also climb each of them too. A true testing ground for the evolution of the world's first backcountry sock.
We redefined a sock for the backcountry in key technical areas:
1. Silicon Ankle Locks: strategically placed bonded silicone strips across the rear of the ankle, eliminating foot slip and avoiding the infamous anxious sock-bunch.
2. Silicone Cuff: once we started playing with silicone we immediately fell in love with it and went a step further, adding a silicone ring to the top cuff below the knee. Keeping socks standing tall, without claiming hairs, so you can break trail without your socks going flaccid.
3. Toe Box Cushioning: packing more cushion into this high-impact area making for a more comfortable experience with extra warmth over the foot fingers.
4. Shin Compression Area: we combined the thinking of a sports compression sleeve and a sock together in one. By adding slight compression to the shin & calf areas, helping to manage lactic-induced fatigue.
5. Mesh Ventilation: we developed a new mesh ventilation zone to increase breathability across the top of the foot, allowing cushioning to stay where it's needed on the base and toe, while letting moisture and steam release from the top of the foot.
These features and new technology have revolutionised comfort for any backcountry touring mission.