Introducing the Elyse Saugstad Pro Series - the worldâ€™s first womenâ€™s-specific backcountry sock!
This is version 2.0 of our world first, award winning, specific backcountry sockâ€¦ but with a mighty twist! Pow(d)er couple Elyse Saugstad and Cody Townsend have spent years dominating burly lines and big mountain feats. Then after Cody spent several years detailing what would be required to make the best backcountry sock possible, so we stepped in to help make it possible. Along with our unique merino blend, technical know-how and Codyâ€™s vision, this sock was built for the way up to send on the way down.
The Elyse Saugstad Pro Series has exactly the same technical features as the Cody Townsend Pro Series, with Elyse putting her mark on it by adjusting the sizing to be a more womenâ€™s specific fit. Slightly shorter in the foot length and leg of the sock. And finally, a stunning aesthetic which speaks to the mountains we play in.
Sorry Cody, you're not the only one who can take the crown on burly lines and big mountain feats in a darn-comfortable sock... you'll have to share that one with your wife!
1. Silicon Ankle Locks: strategically placed bonded silicone strips across the rear of the ankle, eliminating foot slip and avoiding the infamous anxious sock-bunch.
2. Silicone Cuff: once we started playing with silicone we immediately fell in love with it and went a step further, adding a silicone ring to the top cuff below the knee. Keeping socks standing tall, without claiming hairs, so you can break trail without your socks going flaccid.
3. Toe Box Cushioning: packing more cushion into this high-impact area making for a more comfortable experience with extra warmth over the foot fingers.
4. Shin Compression Area: we combined the thinking of a sports compression sleeve and a sock together in one. By adding slight compression to the shin & calf areas, helping to manage lactic-induced fatigue.
5. Mesh Ventilation: we developed a new mesh ventilation zone to increase breathability across the top of the foot, allowing cushioning to stay where it's needed on the base and toe, while letting moisture and steam release from the top of the foot.
These features and new technology have revolutionised comfort for any backcountry touring mission. Allowing your boots to do what they were built for.